PUPPI version 03.00 Released!
This is a major release with many new features. While PUPPI is still in early access, this version marks the transition of our PUPPI into adolescence.
PUPPI v03.00 is faster, looks better than ever, and offers a robust visual programming canvas interaction API which can generate visual programs for your users at run-time, not just an empty canvas. The scripting node has been revamped and is easier to use. Container nodes can collect groups of connected nodes into a single node representation, saving valuable screen real estate and also making visual programming code snippet sharing a lot easier. Lots of bugs were fixed, of course, and many new built-in modules were added as well. Modules can now save / load their own data when the canvas is saved to a file, which greatly increases the flexibility of the toolkit to build custom nodes and custom behaviors. The GUI offers more feedback to the user when interacting with the canvas and nodes.
All trial licenses have been extended till 10/10/2016 to allow developers to test the new features. If you have a trial license, use the PUPPI license manager to relinquish it, the re-enter the license key and you will get the extended trial. Registered users can also request a new trial license. New developers can register here.
See below for a list of the best new features in version 03.00, and read the changelog for a complete list.
- New module: reading CSV file into grid
- License manager now displays status of what it is doing when activating / relinquishing license
- Added search function in Node Tree View
- Module save/load settings to allow further customization - for instance, variable number of inputs and outputs
- Add to / Create list module now has variable number of inputs which changes as user adds / removes input connections
- Selecting multiple nodes and clicking on one of the selected nodes allows moving the entire selection
- Added option to add custom commands to PUPI dropdown menus
- Improved processing speed on user actions which cause nodes to process
- Updated and added several PUPIGUIController API commands, giving developers more control over the PUPI Canvas operations.
- Container nodes that can hold multiple connected modules - can create multiple levels of class object analogues
- Improved script nodes with dll references and variable number of inputs and outputs
- Shallow interoperability node to convert between value types and structures/classes whose fields are value type
- Added set input by picking a PUPIModule from a list of modules indexed in the canvas, with search capabilities.
- Added commands to add node to the canvas by picking a module from a list of modules indexed in the canvas.
- Added node input menu option to suggest compatible module types to generate and connect to input.
- Added node that executes a file with arguments and returns output
- New list to string with custom separator module
- Added visual feedback in status text on what the mouse is hovering in, making it easier for example to connect nodes when camera far away
- Cleaner map view for 3D canvas
- Written by Super User